Does Weed Cause Gyno After Surgery?

I've been struggling with gyno since i was 12 since it came bc of puberty. and I started smoking weed this year and i done a surgery like 2 days ago and wondering if weed does actually cause it to come back? I live in Amsterdam so it's legal here. thank you

Gynecomastia Surgery, Marijuana, and Recurrence?

+1

Although possibly controversial, I think most physicians would agree that marijuana can cause hormonal changes  that potentially lead to growth of breast tissue. Therefore, the use of marijuana can (at least theoretically) cause recurrence of gynecomastia after surgery.

Given that you are investing your time and finances  in surgery to correct gynecomastia, I would suggest that you avoid any substance that can (even potentially)  lead to a recurrence.

Hello

+1

Smoking anything too soon after surgery can change your healing process. We don’t recommend it at all. It slows down the healing process. Does it make it come back that’s a question your PS should be able to answer?

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS