What are my Options for Webbed Neck Correction?

I am a 38 year old woman with a webbed neck, but none of the syndromes commonly associated with it. I have been thinking about having it surgically corrected, but unsure what kind of doctor even would do this? What is the surgery and recovery like?

Webbed Neck Correction

+1

There may be a few options for webbed neck correction. Your condition should be evaluated to determine what would work best for you. There is a surgical procedure called Z-plasty that might be helpful in your case.

Webbed Neck Correction

+1

I am assuming when you mean a webbed neck, you are referring to bands that extend downwards from the side of the neck. These are almost always associated with congenital syndromes or minor variants thereof. It would be more helpful to see pictures and you should submit them to determine the location of your webs. These are traditionally corrected by a 'butterfly excision' done on the back of the neck to reposition the webbed skin from the sides to the back of the neck.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Webbed Neck - Surgical Correction

+1

This is impossible to determine without the benefit of examination. I would want to know if the webbing is due to paucity of neck skin. If this is the case, skin flaps or tissue expansion may be necessary. I would recommend that you see a facial surgeon in consultation.

Web reference: http://www.drfechner.com/worcester-facelift.htm

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Webbed neck treatment.

+1

I would need to see photos to tell you exactly what the treatment would be. You can submit these for review.