Do I Need To Worry About Weather Conditions After Facial Co2 Fract. Laser?

When you've had a Facial Co2 Fract.laser treatment & U work in open air. What about cold,snow,rain,wind (autumm/winter time)? Is it ok 2 work in open air again (2-3 hours a day)after your treatment? After treatment; how many days would be wise to stay inside? Could it do much harm after a recovery of a 3-4 days, to work in open air again & there are typical autumm/winter weather conditions? What 2 say 4 protection: cap,scarf? Facial cream protection? Other adiveces,tips? Thank U very much.

Recovery after fractional co2 laser and SmartXide laser skin resurfacing - sunscreen

+1

in my patients, I would recommend a grace period of about 3 days post fractional CO2 laser before exposing your skin to the environment.  Patients are advised to use Melaquin AM, which has four active sunscreens, for at least four weeks post laser resurfacing.  In the Santa Monica and Los Angeles areas, the weather is more temperate and extremes of hot and cold are less of an issue. 

Post care after CO2

+1

It is imperative that you protect your face from the sun for about 6-8 weeks after co2. I do not have my patients wear sunscreen for about a week after the procedure but they must wear a hat. After the 1st week, you can start wearing sunscreen daily. You must also avoid a dirty environment (constructions areas, etc.). Dr Behnam

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractionated laser

+1

Sun exposure after the laser can cause pigment changes.  Also, the tissue need to be moisturized constantly after the laser.  If these 2 things are done, then you will be fine. So:

1. Stay out of the sun if possible.  If you have to be in the sun, use a wide-brimmed hat and lots of SPF 15 or higher sun block.

2. The first couple days after use Aquaphor.  After that use a thick moisturizing cream.  Ponds, Alessi Skin Care Night cream, or Le Mer work well.

3. Sun precaution should be continued for 3 months.  Moreover, sun is the biggest cause of aging and precautions should followed all the time.

David Alessi, MD