Will Not Wearing Compression Garment Cause Loose Sagging Skin After Smart Lipo?

Hi, I am a 33 year old woman, 120 lbs. 2 wks ago I had smartlipo to my neck. My surgeon also performed CO2 laser to the inside of my neck to tighten the loose skin. I have worn the compression garment 24hrs a day for 14 days and am at my wits end. The isolation is getting to me and I'd like to take it off. My Dr (who is out of town) told me to wear it for 3 weeks. Will taking it off during the day have adverse long term effects?

Compression garment after neck surgery

+1

You need to ask your surgeon as there can be misunderstandings when other doctors answer your postopoerative questions. Smart LIposuction does not involve carbon dioxide laser, so if you had both, there is more treatment you have had then just Smart Lipo. Your swelling may take longer to recover. You should address your concern to the office of the surgeon who should be able to get in contact with them so they answer your question.