Will Wearing a Compression Garment 9 Days After Surgery Hurt Your Incision? (photo)

my ps said not to wear a compression garment because the incision is so fresh by wearing the compression garment blood wont flow to the incision.9 days post-op the bottom still worries me but the doctor said it will go away on its own, and the stretch marks will fade as i start to unswell. i had surgical tape and gause right after surgery and 1 drain which was removed on day 7. so i havent wore a binder yet.he said the dents are due to my lipo to the flanks and upper stomach. is this all true?

Will Wearing a Compression Garment 9 Days After Surgery Hurt Your Incision?

+1

Always follow your chosen surgeon's advise and post operative protocols. Still TOOO early to advise as to result. 

Hello

+1
In our practice we tell our patients to wear compression garment for at least 3 months after surgery. Making sure that incision is covered at all times. Make sure you follow up with your Ps 2 sure that you're following his aftercare .

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS