Will Wearing a Compression Garment 9 Days After Surgery Hurt Your Incision? (photo)

my ps said not to wear a compression garment because the incision is so fresh by wearing the compression garment blood wont flow to the incision.9 days post-op the bottom still worries me but the doctor said it will go away on its own, and the stretch marks will fade as i start to unswell. i had surgical tape and gause right after surgery and 1 drain which was removed on day 7. so i havent wore a binder yet.he said the dents are due to my lipo to the flanks and upper stomach. is this all true?

Will Wearing a Compression Garment 9 Days After Surgery Hurt Your Incision?

Always follow your chosen surgeon's advise and post operative protocols. Still TOOO early to advise as to result. 

Hello

In our practice we tell our patients to wear compression garment for at least 3 months after surgery. Making sure that incision is covered at all times. Make sure you follow up with your Ps 2 sure that you're following his aftercare .

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS