Should I wear the splint at night or not?

Hi! I had a revision with osteotomies, i'm 3.5 weeks post op and still wearing the splint on at night. The positive thing is that when i wake up, i got alot less swelling than when i go to bed because of the splint, the swelling comes back during the day(bigtime). So i wonder, do you think i benefits from keep wearing the splint on at night to minimize the swelling?

Every surgeon will have a different opinion about this, but your surgeon is in the best place to give advice.

Splint at Night

It is best to discuss this with your surgeon and have him explain to you the reason for prolonged use of a splint.

At this point you are probably healed and will get minimal benefit from wearing a splint.

Geoffrey Keyes, MD

Geoffrey Keyes, MD