Should I wear the splint at night or not?

Hi! I had a revision with osteotomies, i'm 3.5 weeks post op and still wearing the splint on at night. The positive thing is that when i wake up, i got alot less swelling than when i go to bed because of the splint, the swelling comes back during the day(bigtime). So i wonder, do you think i benefits from keep wearing the splint on at night to minimize the swelling?

+1

Every surgeon will have a different opinion about this, but your surgeon is in the best place to give advice.

Splint at Night

+1

It is best to discuss this with your surgeon and have him explain to you the reason for prolonged use of a splint.

At this point you are probably healed and will get minimal benefit from wearing a splint.

Geoffrey Keyes, MD

Geoffrey Keyes, MD