Do I Have to Wear the Garment That my Dr. Gave Me After my Tummy Tuck and Bbl?

I just recently had a tummy tuck and bbl on 23 of july. Now my dr gave me a garment its confortable but its to long its like a whole body type thing almost to my ankles. Now can I buy my own garment n not use the one he gave me. And would a garment with butt cutt outs make a difference fr my bbl comparing with the one that don't have cut outs???? If I cn switch to a different garment cn I just get the one that just goes around the stomach???

+2

Dear Chitowngirl,

thank you for your post.  Occasionally I have a patient that doesn't like the garment that I picked out for her.  I ask them to bring in a garment that they would like to wear instead to the next office visit so I can check to make sure it is suitable.  I'm sure your surgeon would do the same.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Doing things "AMA"

+1

It is crucial that you communicate with your doctor, even the little things.  Don't go rogue.

You trusted your doctor with your life and for a great result.  Your doctor has reasons for doing what he does, and if you don't comply, you will be compromising the outcome if not your safety.

If this garment isn't fitting well, that is something he needs for you to communicate with him right away.  It may be that an adjustment needs to be made, or a new garment needs to be purchased.  In any event, garments are a lot more important than most people imagine, and they can cause horrible wound problems if not carefully fitted.

Do yourself and your doctor a favor, don't go rogue, talk to the doctor- that is why he gets the big bucks after all!

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Compression after tummy tuck

+1

We find that a well fit compression garment very important after tummy tuck to support the repair and reduce the risk of a fluid collection called a seroma. If yours doesn't fit comfortably or well, ask your surgeon for a replacement suggestion.

Garment Choice After Surgery

+1

For your best result, follow your Plastic Surgeon's post operative instructions.  Wear the garment that he recommends.  At your next visit, discuss additional garments that would work for you post operative.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Garment choice after tummy tuck

+1

If you only had tummy tuck, you can wear a compression binder around your tummy.  However, if there was liposuction around the waist or thighs, you would need a garment that comes down to your knees, even to ankles.  You should definitely ask your plastic surgeon whether you can have a different type of garment.  Most plastic surgeons are particular about our postoperative care/instruction.

Sugene Kim, MD

+1

This question really needs to be addressed to your surgeon who knows what was done and has followed your recovery. 

All the best. 

Compression garment after a TT and BBL

+1

If your garment is too constrictive then you can go to one that fits more comfortable.  If your skin is retracting well then the external garments are not necessary all of the time.  Atlanta plastic surgeon Dr. Z