Do I Still Have to Wear a Sports Bra 9 Days Post Op?

Best to wear sports bra for recommended time

+1
The first weeks following breast augmentation are an important stage of your recovery. Because of this, it’s essential for patients to wear a bra that provides support for the breasts throughout the first eight weeks of recovery, preventing the implants from falling to the sides or "bottoming out" (when the implants move unfavourably downward). Although this complication isn’t common, some patients develop weaker scar tissue, providing less internal support for the implant. Surgeons are unable to determine who is at risk for this issue until implant displacement occurs. Wearing a bra helps to provide extra support during the healing process. In addition, some patients may receive extra support from a tensor bandage, wrapped around the chest at the top of the breasts. This bandage would be worn for the first two weeks.

Please listen to the advice of your surgeon.

Post-op garment after breast augmentation

+1

Each surgeon has different pot-sop instructions so I would ask yours what his preferences are. As for my patients most do not need to wear any significant garment.

Sports bra after breast augmentation surgery

+1

There are a variety of reasons for why some surgeons use a compression bra after surgery that may have an effect on the final result while other surgeons do not feel they are necessary.  Consult with your surgeon regarding the need for the bra in your unique instance.