Can I wear spanx after gynecomastia surgery? (Photo)

Hello, I had gynecomastia surgery on March 20th. My surgeon told me that I only needed to wear a tight tensor bandage for 3 weeks around my chest. Everywhere I am reading says to wear a compression vest no matter what. I bought a compression vest and it's way too tight. I have too much stomache fat and it's too uncomfortable. I bought spanx and attached pics. It more comfortable on my stomache and really tight on my chest. The ripple you see is my bandaid. Can I use this?

Can I wear spanx after gynecomastia surgery?

+1
Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia surgery. In my practice, the garment you are wearing in the photograph would suffice nicely. However, out of respect for your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best (and is ultimately responsible for your care) best to run your questions/pictures by him/her. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia compression

+1
I just want to know where you found this garment, because I think it looks fantastic!  I usually send my gynecomastia patients home in a compression vest and have them wear it for 2-3 weeks. Every once in a while I get someone like you that the vest does not fit well, and after a week it starts to hurt.  I usually put those patients in an underarmour shirt and tell them, "the compression should feel good, too tight or too loose and it hurts."  All that being said, while I think this compression looks fantastic, I did not do your surgery and therefore don't know if there was some reason your surgeon wanted something different.  I would contact the and send this picture just to be safe.  Your early result looks great!

Melinda Haws, MD