Can You Wear (Short) Eyelash Extensions During Rhinoplasty Procedure?

I have had eyelash extensions for several years because of very short, quite sparse lashes. The extensions are not very long/obtrusive and very secure. Soon I will be undergoing a septo rhinoplasty procedure and am wondering if I need to take them off - my doctor so far hasn't mentioned this, and I know of other people who've kept theirs on in surgery. I don't really want to have them removed unless I have to as I hate not having them but obviously will if I need to - any advice appreciated!

+1

Ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon directly.  I wouldn't have an issue with eyelash extension during a Rhinoplasty but would explain, to the Rhinoplasty patient, that the face needs to be prepped for surgery and sometimes tape is applied over the eyelid in order to prevent dryness.  The prep and tape application could remove some of the extensions.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Eyelashes

+1

Great question – I do not see any complications that could happen because of your eyelash extensions. However, it is best to advise your surgeon so that they are aware. Best of luck to you!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelash extensions during surgery

+1

It's shouldn't be a problem wearing your extensions but just make sure the anesthesiologist and your surgeon know so they don't accidentally damage them.   As long as they are careful to tape just the corners of your eyes and then take the tape off gently, they shoudl be fine. 

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Remove Eyelash Extensions Before Surgery?

+1

Make sure everyone on the OR team knows about this. Sometimes your eyes are taped closed during surgery to protect them. The tape could damage your extensions.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Eyelash Extensions During Surgery

+1

It should not be a problem to leave your extensions on as long as the anesthesia specialist and your surgeon are aware of them and you are willing to accept the risk that there is a low possibility of damaging them.

Eyelash Extensions and Rhinoplasty

+1

Eyelash extensions during rhinoplasty should not be a problem. Be sure to let your plastic surgeon, and anesthesiologist know about them so they can be extra careful. Good luck.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Eyelash extensions okay during rhinoplasty surgery

+1
Many of my patients wear eyelash extensions and undergo procedures and this has not been a problem for anesthesia or surgery. The anesthesiologist places a small tape on the corner of the eye to keep the eyes protected from dryness during surgery and this tape is removed without harming either the natural or artificial lashes. While you have the extensions on you may want to try Latisse it is a wonderful product for lengthening and thickening your natural lashes. Best regards and wishing you a quick recovery!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com