Is It Okay to Wear a Removable Brace 11 Days After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty 11 days ago to correct a bump and lift the tip of my nose. For the past 6 months, I have been wearing a removable upper brace to sleep, to correct a gap in my front teeth. I am worried about not wearing the brace for too long as it may not fit me anymore and it may undo all the previous work I've had done on my teeth. Is it okay to now wear the brace again to sleep or will it affect my rhinoplasty results? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer on here.

Wearing Removable Braces After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 11 days post-surgery, you do not want to risk replacing your removable tooth brace because it will not fit. So, I recommend that consult with your surgeon and your orthodontist to solve this issue and preserve what you have accomplished of progress wearing the brace before your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

11 Days

+1

Sure, just call your orthodontist and your surgeon to obtain their recommendations because they have a lot riding on your results!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Removable Tooth Brace

+1
I would prefer that my Rhinoplasty patients keep in their invisiline or tooth braces after surgery. At 11 days post operative you should ask your surgeon and see if you get the green light. If you do not place the braces on soon they may not fit and this is an added extra expense so I would address this asap.

Michael Elam, MD