Will wearing nose splints change my nose? (photo)

i know that most answers would say no, and that this is not a really good idea, but because my parents said no to rhinoplasty (i am in grade 9) i was considering wearing these nose splint things for 3 years in the mean time. Yes, my nose does really bother me. But i wanted to know if this will stretch my nose and if i can prevent that? and yes these are real my friend has them :) are there any things i should consider doing and knowing before i put these in? thank you.

Will wearing nose splints change my nose?

+1

The splints will not help to refine the nose, if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Nasal splints will NOT change your nose

+1

These devices are usually safe but I'm not familiar with this one. The downside is that these devices won't remodel the bone or cartilage of the nose. Therefore, you won't see any mid- or long-term change in the shape of your nose. After 18 years old you can make your own decision about whether or not you want to pursue rhinoplasty. However, it's always a good idea to have the support of your parents.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Splints

+1
What is the purpose of the nasal splints? Breathing or Cosmetics??
The splints may temporarily help you breath better but it won't permanently change your appearance.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon