Can You Use Latisse and then Wear Mascara?

Can you wear Latisse under make up? Instead of putting it on at night and going to bed. I work a lot of nights and when I get home I am too tired to wash off my mascara. I was wondering if I could put it on and then apply my mascara and still get results?

Latisse and Mascara

+1
Yes. You can used mascara and Latisse. You will want to take all your eyelid makeup off before putting Latisse on. Often patients will decrease application of mascara as Latisse will make the lashes longer, thicker and then darker.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/face-and-skin/latisse

It’s recommended that you use Latisse once a day

+1

It’s recommended that you use Latisse once a day, whether it’s in the morning or night. You don’t have to put it on in the morning and it might be better to put it before you go to bed. You certainly can use it and then put on mascara, but you want to wait until the Latisse is completely dry. It may just make more sense to put it on after you remove your mascara. You don’t want to put it on over mascara because you won’t receive the same concentration of the product.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Using Latisse under Mascara

+1

Yes...it's not ideal. Just be sure to not apply eye creams or gels first. Apply to clean dry skin. Let dry. Your best option here might be to apply after you clean your skin, do your other routines, getting dressed, etc...then apply your mascara.

The reason it's suggested you use at night is so that you don't risk getting the product IN the eye by transference of other products. But for your skin's health, you really should clean your skin and remove mascara before you go to bed. Hardened mascara can abrade the cornea - plus, hardened mascara can cause your eyelashes to break. Get some fast acting mascara remover (oil free) and get in the habit of using it before you go to sleep.

La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Latisse before mascara

+1

It is recommended to apply Latisse at night before bedtime for best results. Although, I have a patient who applies Latisse in the morning due to her work schedule and she has seen spectacular results!

My recommendation is to apply the Latisse on clean/dry eyelids and wait until totally dry before applying mascara. If you wear contacts wait at least 15 minutes before inserting them.

Good luck and enjoy your new lush lashes!

Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Can you use Latisse in the AM then apply mascara?

+1

Putting Latisse on in the AM is not the typical application, but don't worry, it will probably still work.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.