Should i wear a head band to keep my ears back? (photos)

My doctor tells me that I have the option.

Headband

+1
It is a good idea, especially when sleeping to help protect the ears from being bent or otherwise traumatized. Different surgeons advise differing amounts of time but it seems most would recommend at least 2-4 weeks.

Headband After Otoplasty

+1
Generally, patients wear a headband for a week or two after undergoing an otoplasty surgery. These headbands protect the ears and prevent them from being pulled in the wrong direction. To ensure successful results from your otoplasty, I would highly recommend wearing a headband in the first couple of weeks after surgery.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Head Band after Otoplasty

+1
Head band for 1-2 weeks is fairly standard after ear pinning or otoplasty. Some patients are only able to sleep with it after the first week due to work. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Headband after Otoplasty

+1
I generally like patients to wear a headband for about 4 weeks after an otoplasty to try to prevent the ears from being pulled forward.  It is my hope that this reduces the potential for recurrence of the deformity.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Head band after Otoplasty

+1
Headbands after otoplasty are used to protect the ear from inadvertent bending in the wrong direction as well as preventing excessive stress on the cartilage-reshaping sutures. The utility of a headband probably is limited after a month from surgery. It certainly doesn't hurt, though. 

C.W. David Chang, MD
Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon