When Can You Wear Contacts After Having Inner Corner Eye Surgery (Epicanthoplasty)?

My friend recently had double eyelid surgery, but they operated on the inner corners of her eyes as well. She was wondering when she could begin wearing contacts. Is it possible to put them in after about 5 weeks? Please do not respond with "it depends on your doctor". Thank you!

If you were on steroid drops for swelling and so forth, you need to be off those drops before wearing contacts

+1

If you were on steroid drops for swelling and so forth, you need to be off those drops before wearing contacts. When it comes to resuming contact lens wear, it depends on the type of procedure that you had. After a month, once all the healing is done, it’s usually okay to wear soft contact lenses.  Because hard contact lenses require you to sometimes push up the lid to get them out, one should make sure with a doctor that the area is healed first.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Use of contacts after eyelid surgery

+1

I tell most of my patients to wait at least 2  weeks after any eyelid surgery before starting to use contact lenses. Hope this helps.

Kami K. Parsa, MD

Contacts after eyelid surgery

+1

I typicall tell my patients to wait 10 days to 2 weeks before trying to place contact lens in the eye after eyelid surgery.  Hope this helps.

M. Keith Hanna, MD

It depends on the doctor!

+1

Generally it is about a week to 10 days before the swelling has settled down enough to make if feasible to manipulate the eyelids enough to practically use contact lens.  Where is the doctor?  Why can't your friend ask the surgeon this question?