Do I Have to Wear a Compression Garment After Zeltiq CoolSculpting?

Compression Garment After CoolSculpting

+2

Although a compression garment will not hurt, I do not think it will significantly help either.  With CoolSculpting, the reduction of fat cells is gradual and there is minimal swelling associated with the procedure so you shouldn't need the garment.  But.... if you want to wear one, again, it won't hurt.

Best Wishes!

Compression garments do not need to be worn after CoolSculpting

+1

There is no mention by the scientific division of Zeltiq that compression garments are needed for CoolSculpting to more effective or to decrease bruising.  The use of compression garments, however, is part of the normal post operative regimen after liposuction because there are empty channels that are created by the suction removal via long thin cannulae instruments.  The compression helps collapse these tunnels so the collagen can build a stronger tighther infrastructure and cause less bleeding. None of this occurs with CoolSculpting.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting does not require compression garments

+1

Liposuction requires compression garments because of the immediate tissue loss.  Because coolsculpting is a slower mechanism and does not result in immediate results, then no compression garment is needed

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

No compression garment required after Coolsculpting

+1

We have done many Coolsculpting cases and we do not use a compression garment. There is no reproducible published evidence that this has any effect on the results.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon