Wear Compression Garment for Only 2 Days?

I've been reading a lot about Vaser post-op on this site. According to my doc's instructions, I only need to wear the compression garment for 24 hours after the draining stops and then 12 hours/day afterwards. I had ab lipo and stopped draining the first day. I'm a little confused (but happy) that he only wants me to wear this uncomfortable binder for such a short time. How come so many other doctors require weeks of wearing the garment?

Garments after Liposuction

+2

Gerald Pittman of New York City proved that compression garments of any type for any duration are unnecessary after liposuction.  Patients do fine and the results are the same with or without garments.   Garments often add $400  + or - to the cost.   So why garments?   Patients like some dressings.  Early on the dripping of tumescent fluid is made a little more contained by garments.  Many patients feel more secure and comfortable in garments.  Some patients get heat rashes and can't tolerate garments.   If you had the same patient cloned to 100 and then had 100 liposuction surgeons operate, I guarantee there would be 100 different regimens for garments and 100 different types of garments.  Some surgeons start with official liposuction garments and quickly move to some lovely garments at Nordstroms etc.    Some use no garments.   All 100 are right and the end result is the same.  So my personal philosophy is as follows.   I choose official liposuction garments for the first 3 or 4 days and then move to a comfortable over the counter garment thereafter.   After 10 days all garments are optional but most patients choose to wear garments of some sort for 3 to 4 weeks.  The abdomen tends to take a bit longer to resolve so often I end with a small abdominal binder for 6 weeks.  Comfort is the big thing.  The END result depends upon  the skill of the surgeon and not the garment.   Garments or no garments work equally well.    My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction garments

+2

Some surgeons do not even use liposuction garments. It is best to follwo yoru surgeon's instructions. Good luck.