I Do Not Want to Wear Braces. Would Veneers Be a Better Option?

my two front teeth are bigger than the rest, one of them is turned a little bit. It also seems that the two following teeth are a little behind. I do not wanna get braces. would venners be a good option?

Porcelain veneers vs. braces

+3

In the situations with some minor malpositions of the anterior teeth the better esthetic result can be corrected with porcelain veneers. More advanced situations when the central teeth have more vivid misallignment will require the orthodontic treatment with Invisalign or braces. In majority of situations when the patient doesn`t have any decay or present restorations on upper anterior teeth we evaluate the case and recommend the orthodontic involvement. The porcelain veneers will need to be chenged at some point in your life, so why cut beautiful healthy enamel? The consult with a specialist can help you to come to the right decision.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers or braces

+2

If you feel the teeth are too big then veneers are going to require a great deal of tooth structure removal so as not to end up with even bigger teeth.  Sounds like ortho would be a much better option....Only do the veneers if the teeth are miscolored or broken...don't let them grind down good teeth just for looks!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Veneers vs braces

+1

Veneers can be a great quick fix for the right case be money better spent, but not always. Photos would be very helpful here.

Often a little "tweaking" could make the veneers look worlds better than just jumping int o them. "Tweaking" can be done with clear removable trays and sometimes take just a few months.

My only recommendation is continue to do your research, talk to doctors, people who have done both and ask for pictures. This is an investment you want to last the rest of your life and be gorgeous and healthy.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Absolutly!

+1

More often than not patients with crooked teeth will seek orthodontic treatment without really looking at the individual teeth.  Once teeth are in the right position patients often do not like the look of the teeth or the color.

I call veneers "instant orthodontics"  because I can straighten the teeth at the same time as the veneers change the shape and color..  Look at the attached pictures.

Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or Veneers

+1

Have you thought about Invisalign or invisible braces??  Depending on the size of the teeth, that you don't like, you may be able to do some recontouring of the teeth. You may be ableto  move the other teeth  into a more pleasing position. However, porcelain veneers are another  viable option. I have them  myself and I am very happy with them. Furthermore, make sure the dentist you go to has been trained in doing cosmetic work. Are you a clencher or a  grinder (bruxer)??? This may also need to be taken into consideration when having any dental work done. You may need an occlusal guard or something similar to protect your investment.

Maui Cosmetic Dentist

Goodbye Braces, Hello Porcelain Veneers

+1

In most cases porcelain veneers are a great alternative to those patients not interested in wearing braces. Let's face it, not many adults share the feeling that "tin grins are in!" This is what makes dental veneers the most highly sought after alternative to orthodontics. With veneers the process typically takes only two visits and you have a gorgeous smile that you can be proud of for years to come. With orthodontics the typical treatment time is 1-2 years. When performed correctly, veneers should look extremely natural and function like natural teeth. Seek out a well trained cosmetic dentist to see if porcelain veneers may be an option for you.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Instant orthodontics

+1

When you want to have teeth that appear straight and lined up, and you don't want to have orthodontic treatment, veneers can be a GREAT option to help you achieve the type of smile you want.  It sounds like the amount of misalignment of your teeth is not too extreme and that veneers would work, however  you have to have this evaluated properly by your dentist or a cosmetic dentist to be sure.

I just saw a patient today for whom I placed 4 veneers over 15 years ago to provide "instant orthodontics" and they still look fabulous.  On the right person, this can be a wonderful treatment.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Would Veneers Be a Better Option?

+1

There are several options for improving your smile, but opting for dental veneers has many advantages.  In your case is a great option! Veneers may be used to lighten teeth, to correct uneven spaces or diastema ( a large,noticeable gap between the front teeth). Also to correct misalignment and shape of the teeth. A veneer is a thin covering that is placed over the front visible part of the tooth. They are available both as ceramic veneers or composite resin veneers. They are also resistant to staining , they feel smooth with a translucent surface that provides a natural appearance. As with all your dental care,discuss your expectations and treatment options thoroughly with your dentist.Healthy smile, happy life

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Dental veneers as an option for a better smile.

+1

Dental porcelain veneers is definitely an option for a better smile. If it is a better option depends on several factors, such as your age, position of the teeth, your desires and others.  Invisalign might be one more option to consider. It can provide  great results without braces. I would recommend to ask your dentist for the best recommendation for YOU.

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers vs. orthodontics, veneers or braces?

+1

I treat many adult patients with veneers who have some minor orthodontic problems and who want to skip the "metal mouth" deal. Conservative tooth reduction and a great lab will definitely satisfy your dental desires!

Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist