Can't Wear Binder for Two Weeks. Will I Get Good Results?

I am seven days post op and still don't have a binder on yet. My ps wrapped my tt in surgical tape and gauzes after surgery which left me with several skin burns on flanks and cleavage area. Due to this I am unable to wear the garment until these superficial burns heal .. Maybe two weeks. I am just worried about my results not being as good . I feel like my stomach is same size as I started just with no skin hanging. My weight is also still the same. How do I know that i will my tt is good?

Compression after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Patients should always check with their own plastic surgeon when it comes to specifics after tummy tuck surgery. In my practice, I find the use of some type of compression garment helpful during the first 6 to 8 weeks after the procedure is performed.

Often, as patients become more active and return to exercise, abdominal wall swelling increases. The use of compression garments helps “control” the swelling.

After a few months,  swelling dissipates as the venous and lymphatic channels  begin to function normally.

Can't Wear Binder for Two Weeks. Will I Get Good Results

+1

The garment may decrease some early swelling, but the compression doesn't do much more. I actually feel its main benefit is to minimize taping as the binder holds the dressings in place.

It's hard to imagine that there will be any bad consequence of not wearing the binder.

Thanks and best wishes.