Will I Ever Wear a Bikini Again? Candidate For TT?(photo)

Pregnancy destroyed my formerly flat stomach and tiny waist. Am I a candidate for a full tummy tuck? I've always considered myself to have a short torso and high waist. Perhaps I am wrong, but if I am correct does this complicate my surgery? Is there any hope of losing stretch marks above the belly button? I am still about 15 lb over pre preg weight. Any comments or recommendations will be very helpful Thank you.

Tummy tuck

+2

You are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck and muscle tightening procedure.  The scars can be tailored to be covered by a two piece bathing suit, except for the scar around the belly button.  A tummy tuck will remove most, but not all, of your stretch marks.  The stretch marks above your belly button will end up below your belly button.  There is no guarantee that you will feel comfortable in a 2 piece suit, but it will be e tremendous improvement and is certainly worthwhile in my opinion.  Don't bother with a mini tummy tuck.  You will see very little improvement.  Good luck!

Tummy tuck vs mini tummy tuck

+2

Based on this one photo you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck. You would need a complete exam in order to determine which procedure is best for you. The stretch marks above your belly button unfortunately will not be removed with either procedure. The muscles of your lower abdomen will be tightened in any case and you will have a flatter abdomen and nice contour.You should be at your goal body weight before having the surgery done. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons before making your decision.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+2

From your photo, you appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The length of your torso is adequate and should not complicate your procedure.  Although the stretch marks above the belly button can't be removed, they will be lower and less visible on the lower abdomen.  Futher, you are thin and do not have to loss any weight to have the procedure.  In your case, you will benefit from tightening the abdominal muscles which should narrow you waist significantly.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+2

Based upon your photograph, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. Consult with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced at performing tummy tucks, who will obtain a complete medical history, perform a physical exam and confirm that you are a good candidate.  They will also be able to educate you regarding what you can expect to achieve from the procedure (eg. stretch marks above the belly button move lower on the abdomen, but will not be removed).  A few other thoughts:

1. The procedure has the best long term results if you are at or near your expected long term weight at the time of surgery.
  2. If you planning additional children, it is advisable to have them prior to the surgical procedure
  3. Be sure to confirm the location and length of the surgical scar before the procedure is performed.  While the location can be adjusted to accommodate most swimsuit styles, it is nearly impossible to move the scar significantly once it has been created.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Tummy Tuck scars

+2

You have some good days ahead of you; you seem fit and should have good results with a Tummy Tuck.  Ideally, you would want to have the scar placed low so that you are not restricted to what type of bikini bottoms you can wear.  The stretch marks above the belly button will end up low and close to the incision.  However, they will be taught and have a much better appearance.  You will have a visible scar around your belly button.  This scar is often more visible in slender patients as there is less depth to the belly button which could help hide the scar inside.  For most, this incision heals very well and causes no restrictions.  RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Bikini after TT?

+2

I agree with the previous surgeons that you are probably a good candidate for tummy tuck, including repair of the rectus muscle separation.  While a bikini can hide your main scar, the stretch marks may show above it.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Will I Ever Wear a Bikini Again? Candidate For TT?(

+2

You are an excellent candidate for a full TT including tightening of the muscles. Unfortunately the stretch marks above the bellybutton can't be removed, but they can be pulled down to the lower abdomen and tightened so they are much less obvious. But don't do the surgery until you are sure you are done having babies.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+2

From the photo you have posted, which we thank you for, I would say you are definitely a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Some of the highest stretch marks on your tummy would probably not be removed. I would do a muscle plication to help flatten your tummy. Be sure to choose an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon and look at his before and after photos. Good luck!

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option. String bikini, maybe not, but a two piece could definitely be in your future.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS