I wear a 42DD, my back and neck have been giving me problems for about 4 years. Do I need a Breast Reduction? (photo)

New alternative breast reduction with less scarring

+1
Breast reductions relieve pain by resecting breast tissue. The traditional technique uses a boat anchor incision resulting in nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed. For this reason, a new technique was developed called The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM avoids the ugly vertical scars, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle allowing you to achieve the size you desire rather than undergo excessive reduction to eliminate pain.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I wear a 42DD, my back and neck have been giving me problems for about 4 years. Do I need a Breast Reduction?

+1
Appears as you could benefit from a breast reduction but ONLY IN PERSON examinations will allow a definitive diagnosis... 

Breast Reduction for Neck and Back Pain

+1
Neck and back pain that is thought due to large breasts are the normal indications for a breast reduction. Ideally, you should also be a normal BMI (weight related to your height) and have nothing else that could cause the pain. If these criteria are met and enough breast tissue will be removed, then most insurance companies will pay for the procedure. See a plastic surgeon with significant experience in breast surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

In Need of a Breast Reduction

+1
Thanks for the picture.  If you have documented neck and back pain and large breasts then you should be a candidate for a breast reduction.  I perform a lot of reductions and that is the typical cenario for women presenting to me.  You will have to see if your insurance plan covers breast reduction.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD,DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
You appear to be  a good candidate for breast reduction.
It would be helpful to  see  full front and side photographs  as well as to know your height and weight.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on your breast cup size alone, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. However, much more information is needed to determine whether you should proceed with surgery, and if so when ( timing).

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure.

When the time is right, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.