Weak, Receding Chin? (photo)

I'm a 21 year old male. I have a rather small chin. I'm sure it has stopped growing for good so I don't expect to see any changes in length any time soon. I was considering a chin implant. I was encouraged to get a genioplasty(bone is cut) but my chin is already narrow and pointy and I definitely don't want a "long" face. Any improvement to my face would bring my confidence back. My receding chin makes it appear that my nose is larger. The lower half of my face is out of balance with the upper.

Weak, receding chin?

+2

When performed properly, a chin augmentation is a fantastic procedure that can yield a great result. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Chin implant for weak, receding chin

+2
 A medium-sized Silastic chin implant would give an excellent definition of the lower chin area, and give the illusion that your nose is less projecting and prominent. A chin implant is inserted through submental approach usually under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Chin implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic are placed directly over the bone. For examples  of what a chin implant can accomplish please see our photo gallery link below.

Chin

+2

If you have no problem with your teeth, a chin implant would work nicely to help balance your face. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak, Receding Chin?

+2

Have your occlusion checked first  and once this is corrected you can consider a procedure. The options include sliding genioplasty, liposuction of neck with fat grafting of chin, or a chin implant.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon