Weak Neck/jawline At 19 Years Old? (photo)

Hello, I am 19 years old and I have always been told that I had no chin or that my chin and neck are one and the same... recently I have lost weight and it has defined my chin more so I dont think the chin is the problem but my neck or jawline. So my question is that is there anything I can do to my neck through exercises or surgery that will get the look im trying in the picture, I made up a brief idea of what I am trying to do with my neck in Photoshop, its not the best but you get the idea.

Improving the appearance of a weak chin and jawline

+1

General weight loss is a great start, and congratulations on taking the first step to helping improve the appearance of your jawline. This area is generally stubborn, and there may be residual fat in the area that is compromising the appearance of your profile. Neck exercises will not help eliminate fat in the area, and surgery is really the best option. The combination of neck/jowl liposuction and a chin augmentation will yield the best result. The image you generated is realistic for a potential outcome, and I think you would be really happy following these two procedures. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions about surgery, I would be happy to answer them for you!

Options for a weak chin and jawline

+1

Extensive liposuction or a neck lift is required to effect a change such as shown in the pictures.  There is fat above and below the platysmal muscle in the neck and both types of fat must need to be removed at the same time to give a nice sharp angulated jaw line.  Once the fat is removed under the platysmal muscle, a few sutures are placed in the platysma to reapproximate the edges of the skin, which also gives further definition in the jaw line.  The neck lift liposuction is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure and takes approximately an hour and a half to 2 hours.

You may need a chin implant and under the neck liposuction

+1

Based on your pictures (which only helps guide me in answering your question and cannot substitute for a personal exam), liposuction of your submental (under the chin) region to accentuate and lengthen the horizontal plane originating from your chin back to your neck region will be the most beneficial for your appearance. Having good skintone (that is having good retractable skin elasticity) is your ally in this case. Liposuction alone will probably help you aesthetically by up to 90%. Augmenting your chin with an implant will be the 'icing on the cake', so to speak. this latter procedure will probably help you by about 10 to 15%.

Randal Haworth, MD

Chin implant or neck liposuction

+1

Dear Rawr123,

• You may benefit from a neck liposuction which could help define your neck better
  • It would be best to see the neck and chin in person as there could be some things that are not seen on the pics
  • An in-person consultation would help set up realistic expectations of what is possible

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD