How Weak is my Chin? (photo)

Does my chin look out of proportion to the rest of my face? I personally think it looks funny, but some people tell me I don't have a weak chin so I'm not sure. If it does look weak, how severe would you say it is?

Chin

+1

I believe your would benefit from a sliding genioplasty.  This would give you good projection of the chin and balance the face.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Chin weakness

+1

It does look like you have some chin weakness based on your photo. Chin augmentation can be used to provide some additional projection to the area to help balance your overall facial proportions.

Chin implantation or sliding genioplasty are the two methods that can be used to achieve this goal. Chin implantation is the most common method but either can give great results.

You can see a short video about how chin implants are inserted and also read about chin augmentation at my web reference link below:

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

How Weak is my Chin?

+1

I think that a medium sized chin implant is about what you need.  This would give the subtle improvement you would want without being overwhelming to the rest of your facial features.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials and look at before and after photo galleries to determine who can help you achieve your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weak chin profile

+1

A weak chin profile can be categorized as mild, moderate or severe. A mild  weakness is augmented with a small chin implant,while moderate weakness is augmented with a medium-sized chin implant and a severe weakness is treated with a large chin implant. The implants are composed of Silastic and are inserted through sub-mental incision directly over the bone under local anesthesia. Virtual plastic surgery software is available  on our website for you to  upload a picture and see what your new chin would look like with surgery.

Implant For Weak Chin

+1

You do have some horizontal deficiency of your chin. Whether it would look better by chin augmentation could be determined by having some computer imaging done to see whether more horizontal chin projection makes your face look more balanced.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Do you have a "weak" chin?

+1

By the usual measures of facial ideals, your chin would be considered "weak" or underprojected. Two ways to measure where your chin should be is drawing a vertical line down from the vermillion of your lower lip. In females, the chin should be slightly behind this line. Another way to measure is to draw a line between the upper lip and lower lip vermillion borders and the chin should fall along this line.

I do believe that improving your chin projection would help your overall facial proportions. A chin implant would be a nice choice for you.

Good luck.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak Chin

+1

I don't think it looks funny but you do have a "weak" chin. The ideal projection (the front ) of the chin is immediately below the junction of the pink and dark skin of your lips. A chin implant will improve your facial proportions.