Weak Chin, Large Nose? (photo)

Hello, I am looking for some information regarding a nose job. I like the front view of my face, but the profile is what I hate. Is there still a way to make the nose look flattering without changing the front view of my face? Also I have read that fixing the chin can help the nose look more structured. Thank you for the help. Lynn

Chin impant and rhinoplasty

+2

You appear to be an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation.  Reduction rhinoplasty  together with chin implantation will significantly enhance your  facial aesthetics.  Computer imaging can often help with surgical planning and simulation of potential results.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak chin and large nose

+2

A weak chin can be strengthened with a chin implant at the same time as a rhinoplasty.  This can put the face in better balance.

Weak Chin, Large Nose?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, the chin is very weak and this does make the lower face appear unbalanced and the nose larger than it truly is.  The Chin can be augmented with a Chin Implant.  The nose itself has a high bridge and over-projected nasal tip that can be reduced with a Closed Rhinoplasty.  

The combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant is great in the right patient and you look like you are ideal

+2

Rhinoplasty can certainly give you the change in your profile view which you are unhappy about. A chin implant is also a marvelous way to also improve your profile. Before you have a chin implant you should see a board certified Plastic Surgeon for a complete evaluation of your nose, your chin and your bite. You may be a candidate for jaw surgery to move your chin forward and improve your bite. 

Make sure who ever you see has a lot of experience and shows you before and after photos. Rhinoplasty is a wonderful procedure which gives great results but requires a good bit of surgical experience and talent.

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Rhinoplasty is often combined with Chin Implant Surgery to create Facial Balance

+1

Hi Lynn,

Yes, the frontal view of your face can remain very similar by maintaining the characteristics that you like about that part of your appearance.

You are correct in that your nose can be made to appear more flattering (smaller, not as long, remove small dorsal bump) if you combine rhinoplasty surgery with a small chin augmentation implant surgery. The contour of your neck line will also be improved with a chin implant.

Nasal surgery and chin implant surgery are often combined because these 2 elements of the face compliment each other to create not only an attractive, balanced profile but also a harmonious appearance to the frontal view of the face.

These 2 surgeries combined often yield a very pleasing result for patients, and they are very straightforward to perform.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Commonly combined surgery

+1

A chin implant will help improve the balance of your facial profile. Often times it is combined with rhinoplasty surgery. For more specific recommendations, consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

What to do about a weak chin and large nose

+1

Hi and thanks for your question.  Yes, your nose can be deprojected and your chin augmented without making any significant changes to your frontal appearance.  It looks like you would be an excellent candidate for these procedures.  I am also in Pennsylvania, although not very close to you as I am in the suburbs of Philly.  I do however, see many patients from out of town.  Please check out my before and after photos here on Realself. Thanks.  Dr. P

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant together may be for you...

+1

This is a common scenario where a patient may not have noticed his or her profile until perhaps viewed in a picture.  Often the nose is straight and the tip has normal appearance, but the profile can have a hump or even be “beaky.”  A weak chin can make the profile even worse.  Certainly, these problems can be addressed without altering the overall appearance of the frontal view.  Remember that the nose looks best when all of the parts are in appropriate proportion.  This is why a chin implant can be of assistance in certain patients.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin augmentation when nose is large and chin is small complement each other

+1

Nose and chin projections are lead points of face in face's profile view and their optimal balance is pivotal for facial aesthetics.  

Thus it will make perfect sense to evaluate both these features of face when surgery is considered in anyone of these. If nose is large and chin is weak and patient seeks rhinoplasty, it will be required to do chin augmentation at time of rhinoplasty to achieve best possible outcome from rhinoplasty

This is what you need.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Weak chin and large nose

+1
You are correct in that your chin is 'weak' and your nose relatively projecting. Your profile would be greatly improved and better balanced with a chin implant to reduce the convexity. A rhinoplasty and chin implant should keep you looking good on the frontal view as well. Computer simulation can help you 'try out' changes to get the best look for you.