Should I Have Liposuction in Addition to Chin Augmentation?

I have decided to move forward with chin augmentation. However, in looking at before/after pictures I notice that people with profiles similar to mine definitely achieve a more balanced look, but that chin implants alone only slightly increase the definition of the jawline. On my other question in this forum (regarding chin surgery) one doctor recommended neck liposuction to help achieve the definition I seek. I wonder if it is worth looking into, and OK for a woman my age?

Chin implant and liposuction

+1

It does not appear that you have very much fat in the submental area to require liposuction. You are a good candidate for a chin implant since you have moderate retrusion of the lower mandible.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Liposuction and chin augmentation work great together

+1

Liposuction and a chin augmentation are a great combination to really refine the neck and jawline.  in many cases, a very small amount of fat is removed, but from strategic areas.  I cannot be sure from your photos whether you need both, but your doctor certainly can recommend what is best after an examination.  Your age is not a problem - actually, the younger you are, the better the skin responds to changes.

Neck Liposuction with Chin Augmentation in Select Patients

+1

Chin augmentation is normally performed with a chin implant, made of silicone or other material. Chin implant surgery is commonly performed along rhinoplasty or face lift surgery, as a complementary procedure. Some patients may require more than a silicone implant such bony chin advancement or realignment jaw surgery.

Neck liposuction may also be required to further refine the jawline and neck contour, in addition to chin implant surgery. Based on the limited photographs, there does not appear to be a lot of neck fat, so neck liposuction may yield limited results. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a cosmetic specialist can he/she determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/facial-sculpting.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Looking at your profile, I do not believe I can see any fat to liposuction. May be during exam a pich of the area shows some fat?????????????????

Chin implant with liposuction

+1

It is not uncommon to have liposuction of the neck at the same time as placing a chin implant. Generally, this can be done through the same incision that the chin implant is placed into. I often will do both procedures together to achieve a better neck profile. Most patients that are defiicent in the chin tend to have an accumulation of fat even if they are not overweight just below the chin area. This is best treated at the same time to achieve an optimal result in my opinion. While no side view is provided in your picture, you may indeed benefit from the combination of the two procedures. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon