I Have a Weak Chin and I Was Wondering What Procedure Would Need to Be Done to Fix It. How Much is the Procedure? (photo)

I Have a Weak Chin and I Was Wondering What Procedure Would Need to Be Done to Fix It.

+1

From the photo provided, the chin is very weak.  Chin augmentation woith a chin implant would address the issue.  Cost vary based on location and experience/reputation of the surgeon.

Weak Chin

+1

The procedures to consider would be a chin implant and/or a genioplasty.  The latter procedure would likely be more expensive as the former could easily be accomplished under local anesthesia.  Expect to pay $2500-$7500 for these procedures.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

You chin will have a major impact on your looks

+1

You have a very weak chin. You will need a custom-made implant of the extended type, measuring exactly 12mm in thickness in the midline. Ideally, a small 1.5cm incision is used under the chin to introduce it.

Nabil Fanous, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for improving the appearance of a weak chin

+1

A chin implant can greatly enhance the appearance of the jawline. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, as they will be able to examine you in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. Cost can vary depending on the surgeon and the individual circumstances of the patient. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Implant vs. Sliding Genioplasty for Very Weak Chin

+1

Due to your degree of horizontal chin deficiency, either a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty would be very helpful. The decision between the two types of chin augmentation depends on how much horizontal chin projection you like, what it would look like from the frontal view and the long-term implications of having an implant vs. hardware on your chin. Most of these decisions can be determined by computer imaging.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Posted photo of your life not good to determine if a chin implant would accomplish your goals. Best to see in person a boarded PSs in your city! Fee range from $2,500 to $5,000//

chin augmentation for weak chin profile

+1
 Chin augmentation is performed under local anesthesia, whereby a  Silastic chin implant  is inserted through submental incision and placed directly over the bone to  augment the chin area. Chin implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes which is determined at the time of the consultation and physical examination. Please see the link below for example is a chin augmentation in our practice  and  our price list.

Chin surgery

+1

I believe you would benefit from an advancement genioplasty to improve both you chin and neck form.  Prices vary from surgeon to surgeon and is different depending on where you live.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin augmentation

+1

Based on your picture, I think you would notice a nice improvement by undergoing a chin augmentation.  I prefer placing the implant through a small incision in a natural crease under your chin, which leaves a well-hidden and barely visible scar.  The cost of the procedure will vary based on your geographic area as well as skill/experience-level of your surgeon.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD