Weak Chin And Acne Scars? (photo)

My husband is leaving for military duty possibly soon and I am thinking about doing something to improve the balance of my face. I am too scared to have surgery after reading the reviews... is there anything else that could possibly help align my little chin? I also have acne scaring from a bout of adult acne treated with accutane. Any treatments for that too? I want to look beautiful for him when he returns. Costs for treatment? Money is tight but I will save and scrimp for this.

Improving the profile with a chin implant

+1

In general, a surgical chin implant will yield the best result. A temporary option is using filler. With filler, a “temporary chin implant” allows patient to see what a chin implant might look like prior to taking the plunge for a permanent implant. When performed properly by a highly skilled and experienced surgeon, the implant should yield a great result you are happy with. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Chin implant for weak chin profile

+1

The best option for a weak chin profile is to insert a Silastic  chin implant through a small submental incision. This can be done under local anesthesia, and has a very high success rate with, with very minimal complication  rate.  Please see the link below for examples of chin implants placed in our practice

Weak Chin And Acne Scars?

+1

The chin implant will produce a very nice result and will change your lower face and improve facial balance in a variety of ways.  Filler such as Radiesse can be used but will be temporary.    Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant for Chin Augmentation

+1

The best treatment for your short chin is going to be a chin implant. Regardless of what you may have read, chin augmentation can be a very satisfying procedure with few complications when properly performed. Your pictures are inadequate to judge what type and locations of acne scars that you have.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Weak chin

+1

In regards to your chin, you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation.  The best result would most likely be from a surgically placed implant.  If you did not want to have the surgery, there are some injectable fillers that could help to a lesser degree.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak chin

+1

Your particular profile and appearance could be improved with a chin implant. There are few complications in experienced hands. I defer to dermatologists for advice on post acne scarring.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon