What Are Some Ways to Reduce Fat Absorbtion After a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm having surgery in May and am trying to prepare for surgery. I'm wondering what ways I can assure that as little fat will be absorbed as possible! Thanx

BBL fat resorption

+3

There is little evidence that fat will stay after transfer.  There is also little doubt amongst those that do it that it does work.  Somewhere in the middle is the truth.  What I've seen is that many plastic surgeons inject fat in their practice.  In fact, they all do.  Some may choose not to, but if the patient asks for it, they'll proceed with warnings and no guarantees.  The way you treat the fat is very important.   There are many convinced that what they do is special and different.  I've been using the bodyjet machine for high volume fat transfer and it works great.  It makes good logical sense to decrease fat resorption.  Low suction pressures, no spinning, a closed system, well hydrated fat at all times, a water liposuction method to gently get the fat out and back in when the water has filtered away in the machine.  It's impressive, smart and very simple - so i use it and it works very well in my hands.  Patients can't sit for two weeks to avoid mashing the freshly contoured fat grafts.    It's an operation to be considered but more importantly, fat transfer definitely works, just not 100%, nothing is.

Reduce Fat absorption after Brazilian Buttock Lift

+2

Thanks for the great question. Fat resorption is a very complex process that is determined by many factors - surgeon factors and patient factors. In terms of surgeon factors, we use special published techniques to preserve the fat (low suction pressures, no spinning, a closed system, well hydrated fat, multiple plane micro-grafting techniques etc).  Our labor intensive technique is very impressive, but it works well for us. Our results validates the efforts. Patient factors includes the quality of the fat, and patient instructions.  My patients are asked not to sit for two weeks or longer to avoid pressure on the fat grafts. The fat also needs a good vascular bed to heal. A healthy patient who is well hydrated and with good blood flow to the buttocks area will get the best result.

If you and your doctor have done everything possible to optimize the outcome of the fat grafting. It is not unusual to undergo additional fat grafting if desired. Many of our patients do not require additional fat grafting.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Preventing Fat Absorbtion After Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

After the fat is injected, there is little evidence that any specific activity will effect the outcome and prevent fat from absorbing. In this case, follow your surgeon's instructions.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift: Optimizing Fat Grafting Results

+1

Optimal results in fat grafting require good technique in both harvesting the fat and injection techniques. To preserve maximal viability of the fat cells, they must be harvested in the least traumatic fashion possible. This means harvesting with low suction techniques and avoidance of ultrasonic techniques which can kill the fat cells. Multiple plane micro-grafting techniques will maximize the fat take and your results.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift: Maximizing results, minimizing fat loss

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a technical procedure that when performed correctly can create a youthful, prominent, perky buttocks and a more sensual body profile. The preparation and purification of the fat, and injection technique through serial micro-fat injections will help to maximize the survival of fat and maintenance of your aesthetic results. A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can create a detailed surgical plan to ensure that the result of the Brazilian Butt-Lift is a more sensuous, youthful, perky buttock and profile which puts the entire body’s figure into aesthetic balance.

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon