Ways of Rebuilding Molars. Superficial Damage From Grinding and Tooth Erosion?

I've been diagnosed with nocturnal grinding and tooth erosion. Naturally I have started wearing a nightguard and watching my diet for any acidic food. My question is what options are out there for rebuilding my molars as I feel that my lower and upper posterior teeth do not contact enough to ensure comfortable bilateral chewing. Is bonding a feasible option? I would rather not consider crowns/inlays/onlays as my teeth are relatively healthy otherwise. Thank you!

How to Rebuild Molars Damaged from Grinding and Erosion

+2

First of all, you need to address the cause of the damage. If you don't solve the cause of the damage then any restoration will not last as long as it could. You are describing a situation that might very well be caused by "acid reflux disease." It is extremely unlikely that tooth grinding alone caused erosion to the degree you are describing. If you restore the teeth without decreasing the level of acid in your mouth whatever restoration you choose will not last. Ask your medical doctor and dentist about acid reflux.

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Rebuilding Molars that are Worn Down from Grinding

+2

Your only option for molars would be porcelain onlays. You have a serious problem, even though it is not decay, and you should treat it seriously.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding won't last

+2

The forces from grinding your teeth will destroy the bonding material, so crowns or onlays are the only option.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.