What Are the Many Different Ways to Obtain Fat for Fat Transfer to the Breast?

Fat transfer to the breast

+1

Fat trasfer to the breast may be performed with fat obtained from the abdomen or other parts of the body, through a fat harvesting technique similar to liposuction. Fat transfers to the breast remain controversial given their uncertain results.

Fat Grafting

+1

I do fat grafting with a system called Lipivage.  The areas that I harvest fat from is the abdomen mostly with the hips -waist next.  The reason that I use this system is because that it is a closed system that harvest and allows for re-injection simply and fast without  any other equipment .

The question should be if you are a candidate for fat transfer

+1
I been doing fat grafting for more than 5 years and have performed more that 220 cases. I have formed the fat grafting forum and teach other board certified plastic surgeons.The third international fat grafting forum meeting is next April(13-14)in New Orleans. The main difference between different techniques is the harvesting technique. I have done studies and the lower the harvest pressure,better the fat survival. Fat grafting candidates more interested in the quality of the breast result than the size. The limitation is the amount of fat that can nd grafted safely. You can check my web site for more info and examples.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+1

Please read a few times the two previous expert posters. They hit the major points. In my opinion the gentle handling of the fats either by syringe lipo or Body jet are the better options. Than the cleansing of the fats by sitting, washing, centrifuging. Finally the possible "supercharging" of the fat graft by PRP or Stem Cell treatments. Finally in terms of realistic expectations and results to enhance the breast. At best one cup size, most obtain a "fuller" look. In my hands I offer 2 sessions at 3 months apart. This seems to be better in my obtain a more acceptable result. I also supercharge the grafts. 

Fat transfer to breast is not recommended.

+1

I know there are board-certified plastic surgeons who perform fat transfers for breast enlargement, but they are in the minority, and there are a great many "bogus-boarded" doctors of various non-plastic surgery specialties (who usually call themselves "cosmetic surgeons") who charge for liposuction, and then charge you more for injection of the (mostly dead) fat into your breasts. These procedures are usually "marketed" as "natural breast enlargement."

My (and most of my colleagues') concern is that improperly-harvested fat will have a high proportion of dead cells that will not provide long-term living grafts and soft natural permanent breast enlargement.

Instead, far too many patients end up with pockets of dead fat, fat cysts, scarred lumps, and calcifications that can interfere with the diagnosis of possible breast cancer. Since 11% of women will develop breast cancer in their lifetimes (even higher risk if your mother, aunts, or maternal grandmother had breast cancer), this is not a frivolous or insignificant concern!

If you want breast enlargement with the most natural results, the least likelihood of problems, and preservation of sensation and ability to breast feed in a majority of cases, seek an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who does lots of breast augmentations, choose the latest generation of cohesive silicone gel implants, and abandon the idea of fat transfer for breast enlargement. Please! Another question asked on this site may also be helpful; search for "Lumps and Infection after Fat Transfer to Breasts."

Take the time to read the link below, as well as my article (on the About tab of my Profile page on this site) titled: "Are Silicone Breast Implants Safe?" Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Techniques and expectations for fat transfer to the breast

+1

A number of techniques have been promoted for obtaining fat for transfer, all of them variations on liposuction: water jet lipo, syringe technique, stem-cell enhancement, and others, but the common denominator is gently handling the fat because fat cells are more fragile than it would seem. A more important consideration is managing expectations for breast enlargement with fat transfer. The maximum that can predictably be done is far less than the size of the average breast implant.