Ways to Improve Hollow, Round Eyes?

I am 20 and have always been insecure about my eyes, as they often give a "shadowed" appearance in photos and look lost in my face. I also have undereye hollows (dark under eye area and I can feel the bone). Is there any procedure I could undergo to help improve their appearance? Also, is there any way that the eyes can be shaped to appear wider or larger to better fit one's facial structure? My eyes are really round/circular. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to me!

Ways to improve Hollow, Round Eyes, #beauty

+2

Dear Canadian07,

Thank you for your question.  Shaping of the tissues around the eyes can be performed with fillers such as Platelet Rich Plasma, Restylane or  a surgical procedure - micro fat grafting-  with or without a blepharoplasty.  These procedures require careful attention to detail but can make dramatic differences in the appearance of the eyes. It is difficult to tell from your photo what exactly can be done- and an in person consultation is best.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Very tough problem.

+2

My best advise is to be careful regarding what "solutions" to these problems you entertain.  Yes your eyes are very hollow.  Filling the upper eyelid sulcus is very difficult, perhaps impossible to accomplish in a meaningful way for you.  Under eye hollows are best addressed how with hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane.  I would be very weary of surgical solutions for these concerns.

Upper Eyelid Hollows & Shadows Can Respond Well To Fillers

+1

Much attention has been given lately to the treatment of lower eyelid hollows and shadows with fillers and volumizing agents. In experienced hands, dark circles, hollows and tear troughs can be easily improved with these agents in a matter of minutes.

Less attention has been given to another not uncommon aesthetic problem of the eye area, namely upper eyelid hollows-with shadowing-a look that some patients have described to me as "cadaverous" in appearance (especially when accompanied by lower eyelid hollows). 

Fortunately, the artistic use of a filler, my preference for this being Belotero Balance, layered along the bone of the underside of the bony orbit below the eyebrow and right above the top of the upper lids, can diminish the shadowing of the upper eyelid and soften the sunken eye look.

Finally, if the tiny muscles below the lashes of the lower lid are a bit hypertrophic, tiny droplet of Botox can be instilled to soften them, which may contribute to a slight widening of the eyes.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD