Ways to Get the Flattest Tummy Tuck Result?

I'm wondering what factors can affect getting the flattest tummy result during the surgery, I've just seen some people aren't as flat as others. Should weight loss be considered before a surgery....a surgeons skill perhaps, or does it vary from the anatomy of a person? I have wide build and have always had a little pooch in that area even weighing in at 120 pds (5'2)...will my results be dramatic or barely there? I have gained over 50 pounds should i lose the weight?

Great tummy tuck results depend on many factors

+1

Certainly the skill of the surgeon plays a big roll, but many other factors contribute to the overall result of a tummy tuck. The amount of fat that you have in your upper abdomen (above the belly button) before the surgery  will have an effect on the flatness of the lower part of the tummy afterward.  In that sense, the more weight that you loose before the surgery, the better the result will be. Since most surgeons feel that it is not safe to do liposuction to the middle of the abdominal flap at the time of the tummy tuck., the more of that 50 pounds that you can loose, the flatter your tummy will be.

Tummy Tuck resutls will vary

+1

Im confused you are 5'2' and have gained 50lbs and you now weigh 120lbs. Did you weigh 70lbs before? Of course the results will vary tremendously with each individual according to their anatomy and physiology in addition to the surgeon's skills.

Getting THE Flattest Tummy with Tummy tuck

+1

Getting The Flattest Tummy with a Tummy Tuck depends on several factors:

- your weight needs to be as close to your ideal weight as possible. While Good results CAN be obtained in people who are slightly overweight such results cannot be obtained in really obese patients.

- you MUST have a good Plastic surgeon who is experienced with Tummy Tuck, Liposuction  and other body Contouring procedures. There is NO substitute for experience or artistic sense

- the separated tummy 6pack (rectus) muscles must be put together well and securely. This would reduce your waist and totally flatten the pooch.

Attention to detail and good eye of the surgeon give good tummy tuck result.

+1

Hi.

1)  Of course there are no guarantees in surgery, but some surgeons just consistently get better results than others.

2)  I don't agree with the other answers about your weight.  Overweight patients can have dramatic improvement with a tummy tuck done safely.  You will still be overweight afterwards, but with a flat stomach.  Telling many people that they have to lose 50 pounds before having surgery is really telling them that they cannot have it at all.

3)  The minimal undermining technique is best for  most people, because it is safest, and it allows you to do a lot of liposuction at the same time (flatter stomach).

4)  Of course you will only get a great result with tummy tuck if you are a good candidate to begin with.  So you really need to be evaluated.  Many people just need liposuction of the stomach.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Depends

+1

Every patient is different. Your BMI (body mass index should be normal for you) The thinner you are the better the results will be. Tummy tucks are not for fat people - just for people with excess skin.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck results and technique

+1

When considering a tummy tuck, one thing to think about is getting as close to your goal weight as possible before the procedure-- this will usually set up up for the best result.  Once you're as close as you can get, then talk to one or more plsstic surgeons in your area-- look at there before and after photos and even ask them to describe to you how they will perform the procedure.  Often in order to get the flattest result the muscles need to be tightened during the procedure-- this is usually essential to getting the best result.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Best result after tummy tuck

+1

The answer is all of the above.  The best candidates for tummy tuck are those who are at their ideal body weight and have extra hanging skin with minimal amounts of fatty tissue.  So, yes, it is always better to lose weight prior to surgery so that you are as close as possible to your ideal body weight.  As you mentioned, surgeon skill is also a factor.  As long as you pick a board-certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience with body contouring procedures, you should be just fine.  Lose the extra weight and go in for a consultation.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

How to get YOUR best tummy tuck

+1

Certainly you should lose the extra weight first and get into good shape.  Then, choose the best most experienced plastic surgeon whose TT photos reflect what you would like and go to them for the surgery.  That way, you will have the maximum result for your own body.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS