Ways to fix overactive eyebrow muscles?

My right eyebrow, with the exception of when my face is at complete rest, has the tendency to raise/arch significantly higher than my left which stays perfectly still. Do I get botox? Or can I train my left eyebrow to move as freely as my right to create symmetry?

Botox can help

+2
It is very common to have minor asymmetries of the face.  In your situation, the frontalis muscle (brow elevator) is a bit more active on your right side. Botox or Dysport are very similar neurotoxins that are an excellent treatment to help even out your asymmetry.  The muscles that tend to depress or lower the brow on the left can be treated selectively to favor elevation on the left to compensate and/or the overactive frontalis on your right can be treated to carefully lower that side.
I have had some patients that make a conscious effort to "train" themselves to modify their facial expressions, but that can be difficult and impractical.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Botox can adjust muscle inequalities of brow.

+2
Join the human race.  Almost all of us have one eyebrow that is different from the other.  If this bothers you Botox can adjust this nicely.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Overactive eyebrow muscles

+2
Muscles often move asymmetrically and all faces are somewhat asymmetrical. There really isn't a way to "train" your muscles to move differently in that region. If you don't want the right brow to raise as much, a small amount of Botox can help, but I would recommend you see a very experienced injector or you could end up with that brow getting too much and then having the left brow moving higher.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Facial Asymmetry and Botox correction

+1
Most people are asymmetric to some degree on their face.  Botox has the wonderful ability when injected properly to correct these asymmetries.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox for the best cosmetic result.

Michele S. Green, MD

Neuromodulators

+1
Neuromodulators (i.e. Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, etc) may help improve the brow asymmetry you describe. The effect will not be permanent, therefore repeat treatments may be necessary. These injections would be done off-label, and you should discuss your aesthetic goal with the injector prior to proceeding

Isidoros J. Moraitis, MD

Asymmetric eyebrows

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is normal for there to be differences from one side to another.  This holds true for eyebrows as well as other things around the body.  Your options include botox to either paralyzed the forehead muscle on the side that is over active or botox on the opposite side to paralyze the orbicularis occuli muscle to try to raise the opposite eyebrow if it is out laterally where the problem is.  Another option is to have an aesthetician help shape your eyebrows to make them more symmetric.  
Good luck

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox to adjust an asymmetric overactive brow

+1
Thank you for your question. It's impossible to say without photographs and a consultation.

However, Botox can and is very good for strategically adjusting asymmetries associated with the imbalance of facial muscles.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox can help, but don't chase perfect symmetry.

+1
Botox can modulate muscle activity well, and it can play a very important role in obtaining improved facial symmetry and harmony.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Preventing undesired muscle activity with Botox

+1
By using Botox to modulate the activity of your right eyebrow, you will be able to create greater symmetry while also acclimating your muscles to moving an equal amount.  Your frontalis muscle is stronger on the right than left, but treatment Botox will help to even their strength.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox for brow muscles

+1
Botox is great product for achieving what you desire.  Make sure you go to a physician with experience.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD