Different Ways to Approach Surgeries for Asymmetirical Cheeks? (photo)

After looking at multiple perspectives of my face, I feel that some sort of cheek augmentation for the straight side of my face would help put my face in balance. What kind of procedures would help to achieve this augmentation, and which would be best for my predicament? Would any of the procedures out there hinder my ability to make expressions, inadvertently change other features on my face, etc?

Surgery for asymmetrical cheeks

+1

Cheek implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes.  We always use silastic cheek implants, inserted through an intraoral approach under a brief general anesthesia.  Asymmetries are always dealt with by shaving down one implant more than the other to give facial balance and symmetry when needed.  Unilateral cheek implants are also placed in patients who have broken cheek bones where one side is sunken in more than the opposite side.  The cheek implants do not affect facial expressions, they simply augment the natural maxilla.

Augmentation Options For Asymmetrical Cheek

+1

Cheek augmentation with either a small implant (permanent) or an injectable filler (temporary) can help with cheek asymmetry. You would use an injectable fillers if you want to see first whether augmenting the more asymmetrical or deficient cheek would be beneficial. Be aware, however, that the effect of an injectable filler does not always match exactly what the look of an implant down at the bone level may achieve. But it can be a good 'dry run' to see if you like the results of cheek augmentation in general.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek implants for augmenting flat cheeks.

+1

Cheek implants for augmenting flat cheeks is the best way to make a permanent correction. Temporary correction can be achieved with fillers. I would need to see full face photos to give a better answer.