What will happen if I workout before 4 weeks post-op subglandular breast augmentation? (photos)

I just had my implants of 14yrs replaced 3 weeks ago due to rupture. My original implants were sub muscular and saline. My new implants are subglandular and silicone. I had a hematoma of my right breast and needed surgery and drains 2 days after surgery. I'm an avid fitness freak and want to workout. When is it safe to do burpees and push-ups again? Can I start now since it's been 3 weeks? What are the consequences of working out too soon post-op?

Exercise after above the muscle augmentation

+1
Thanks for your pictures. Based on the detail of your recovery I would not recommend exercising for another three weeks. I would definitely lean on your surgeon's judgment as to when you can . I would be concerned that you would develop another hematoma since this is already complicated your course once.

What will happen if I workout before 4 weeks post-op subglandular breast augmentation?

+1
Why are you asking us over the internet docs? We did not do the surgery! Best to ONLY follow your chosen surgeon's post op recommendations..... 

Working out after breast augmentation

+1
I tell my patients that are healing without complications that they can start light aerobics and 3 weeks and heavy lifting at 6-8 weeks. You are best to ask your surgeon his thoughts. 

Working out after subglandular reaugmentation

+1
As much as you would like to get permission here, this is something you should clear with your surgeon.  Your recovery was complicated by a hematoma already... find ways to burn calories without bouncing your chest or using your chest muscles and make sure you have your surgeon's blessings to resume activities as he/she is ultimately responsible if you are cleared and something adverse happens.

Curtis Wong, MD

Working out with subglandular implants

+1
It is best to avoid all activity for 2 weeks and wait to resume upper body exercise until 4 full weeks after surgery. Because you have had a hematoma it is important to limit activity and follow to instructions of your ps. Hematomas can occur for several reasons but one of those is an increase in heart rate and blood pressure can cause swelling and fluid accumulation in the breast tissue, which then has to be removed in a second surgery. Returning to intense exercise too quickly can put you at risk for another hematoma. It is best to refrain from heavy lifting, tugging, pulling etc. for 4 weeks after surgery. 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD