Wavelight Allegretto Wave Eye-Q Flying Spot Laser from Alcon

What is the Max Optical Zone and Treatment Zone that this laser could correct? How good is this laser? So far its been 6 weeks and my night vision only improves when I put on a pair of prescription glasses they gave me minus the halos, glare and starbursting. My left eye is my dominant eye and is -.75 my right is -.25. Will this clear up by 3 months or do I need an enhancement? Headlights are bright in daylight. Is this caused residual refractive error? Just getting nervous night vision.

Wavelight Allegretto LASIK

+2

It is normal to have some sensitivity to light and more glare and haloes early after LASIK. Usually, this diminishes over time.  The most common cause of night vision complaints is residual prescription and it is possible, that you are noticing the small prescription in the right eye.  I would recommend that you wait to undergo an enhancement until stability has been achieved.  I would speak with your eyeMD further about your symptoms.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

The Allegretto is one of the finest lasers currently available

+2

Without getting into the details of your question, the Wavelight laser has the greatest range of corrections available in the USA.  It produces excellent results in most cases but in all lasers it is possible to have undercorrections and vision disturbances.  In your case it sounds like you have a slight undercorrection at this point, but you are onlly 6 weeks post op and without knowing the full scope of your situation it is hard to comment.  You should return to your provider and explain your concerns.  Most likely your vision and quality will improve with more time.

Jon Dishler, MD
Denver Ophthalmologist

The Allegretto is a good laser

+1

The Allegretto is a good laser.  Discuss your exam with your surgeons.  Residual refractive errors certainly can cause your symptoms.

Christopher Coad, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Wavelight laser

+1

The maximum myopic  treatment is an 8.0mm Optical Zone, but this has to be weighed against extra corneal tissue removed. Transient light sensitivity at 6 weeks can be seen, more related to Femtosecond laser to create the flap, it responds well to short course of anti inflammatory drops. The glare at night and night vision issues are probably related to the small refractive error that is still present, if still there at three months it should respond very well to enhancement and resolve the night vision issues.

Michael Gordon, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist