Serious Water Retention and Cellulite 1 Year After Liposuction, What Can I Do?

Hello, I was a slim fashion model of 5'9, 130 pounds who had liposuccion done for the purpose of Adistem Stem Cell therapy for Breast Enhancement. Liposuccion was done to me Jan 2011 on my abdomen, butt, legs, thighs. I received the manual liposuccion with microcannulas. 1 year later, I am experiencing massive amount of cellulite that i didn't have before and swelling over the pubic area (similiar to the post surgery). I lost skin elasticity.I am heavily distressed.I am open to all suggestions.

+1

Thank you for your question.  There appear to be at least two questions here.

The first is "serious water retention."  I am not quite sure what you mean by this but if you are truly retaining water then you need to be assessed by your internal medicine doctor. This is not due to  your previous surgery. 

The second question of "massive amount of cellulite" and "lost skin elasticity" could be due to a number of different things: your age, weight fluctuation, overly aggressive liposuction, etc.   

I would strongly suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who, after talking to and examining  you,  would be in a much better position to discuss your concerns and give you some suggestions.  

Water retention after liposuction

+1

The pubic region might be improved with some liposuction under local anesthesia. As to the cellulite, there is not much, there is a new laser that has recently been approved but I have not seen any long term results. If the cellulite is really depression, then fat grafting is an option but you might not have enough fat to harvest for the injections

Dents and cellulite after liposuction

+1

Remember that 'stem cell' therapy is unproven and currently a marketing tool. Add in that fat grafting to the breast is controversial, and the results are modest. Now consider that you sacrificed excellent body shape and contour as a slim fashion model in order to obtain fat for questionable benefits and are left with cellulite swelling and dents. There is a lesson here, and a hard one at that.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

+1

I think you need to be evaluated by a Plastic Surgeon.  If you had cellulite prior to lipo, it can be exacerbrated.  Sometimes, overaggressive liposuction can cause indentations that look like cellulite as well.  There should be no fluid retention at a year.  You should see your surgeon and raise your concerns.

Problems 1 Year after Liposuction Surgery?

+1

At one year after liposuction surgery  you should not be  experiencing “serious water retention” and/or “swelling over the pubic area". I would suggest that you follow-up with your family practitioner/internist for a full medical workup and with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation of the end results of the aesthetic surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm