Tummy Tuck Covered by Insurance?

i have a 6mth pregnant uterus do to extreme fibroids that cause me great pain and the purge my tummy out extremely now will my insurnace cover me for a tummy tuck if i have acess skin

Abdominoplasty is not covered by insurance

+2

There is a procedure called panniculectomy which generally is covered by insurances, with great difficulty. You will have to be patient (no pun intended) to get it approved. It is NOT a cosmetic procedrue, as it simply removes skin that may be causing a rash or making it difficult for you to wear pants, etc. It is a functional procedure, but insurance companies have strict guidelines regarding itself approval, and don't be surprised that after the surgery they decide not cover it. They generally never guarantee payment until the payment is made. (Read the fine Print!). But regarding abdominoplasty specifically, it is a cosmetic procedure not covered by insurance.

Tummy Tuck covered by insurance?

+1

I concur with my colleagues here - a tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure.  Insurance companies will not cover it as they do not deem it medically necessary.   It is an elective cosmetic procedure.

Insurance coverage of excess tummy skin from large Uterine Fibroids

+1

It is highly unlikely that your insurance company will pay for removal of extra skin from the fibroids.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-photo-gallery/

Abdominoplasty and insurance

+1

Insurance companies do not cover abdominoplasties. They are for cosmetic surgical reasons whether you have fibroids or not.

Abdomeninoplasty is a cosmetic procedure

+1

Abdominoplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure which is generally not covered by health insurance. This procedure removes excess skin and fat, lifts the pubic area, tightens the muscles, and reshapes the umbilicus (belly button).

If you have had a large weight loss and have excess skin which hangs past your pubic area (pannus), health insurance may pay for a portion of the procedure to remove it (panniculectomy). This may lessen some of the cost of the abdominoplasty, but is frequently very difficult to have approved by insurance carriers. I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I wish you the best of luck, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS.

Tummy Tuck not covered by insurance, Panniculectomy may be covered

+1

A tummy tuck is a plastic surgery procedure that tightens your loose skin, muscle, and soft tissue in a beautiful, pleasing shape and appearance.  This surgery is considered cosmetic, so health insurance will not cover this procedure.

If you have a large amount of loose skin only, then the medical term for this loose skin is called a pannus.  Removal of this skin is called a panniculectomy.  This may be covered under some types of health insurance.  The problem with getting coverage for a panniculectomy is that it's not the same as a tummy tuck.  A panniculectomy is a procedure that only removes loose skin, and does not have the reshaping of the tummy that a typical tummy tuck includes. 

I wish you the best of luck!

Are tummy tucks covered by insurance

+1

Tummy tucks are generally not covered by insurance.  You have to demonstrate that you have significant excess skin hanging down past your vaginal area to have any type of procedure covered by insurance- that procedure is called a panniculectomy.  You would need your surgeon to submit photos of you to the insurance company to have a panniculectomy covered.  A panniculectomy is a procedure which involves only removing the excess lower abdominal skin.  It does not tighten your abdominal muscles or perform any significant contouring that a tummy tuck can do.

Please consult with a board certified  plastic surgeon for a comprehensive review of your treatment options.

Dr. Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Tummy Tuck Covered by Insurance?

+1

Make it 7 out of 7 experts saying NO! But good question just to be sure. Many years ago some insurance companies covered excision of excess skin but NOT today. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski, 305 598 0091

No

+1

Tummy tucks are elective cosmetic surgery. They are not covered b y insurance - unless your policy covers cosmetic surgery.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Tummy Tucks Not Covered by Insurance

+1

Tummy tucks are not covered by insurance.  Sometimes after massive weight loss a persistent pannus can be removed in an insurance-covered procedure called a panniculectomy (if there are certain symptoms present).  A panniculectomy and a tummy tuck are very different procedures, however.