Would it be a waste to have liposuction of my anterior thighs and knees before a pregnancy? (photo)

I want liposuction to improve the look of my anterior thighs and knees. I'm in great physical condition but carry most of my body fat on anterior thighs. I'm considering liposuction to help but I am planning on trying to become pregnant sometime in the next year. Would it be a waste to do the lipo before getting pregnant or does that even matter?

Thigh liposuction

+2

I believe that you can help out the appearance by doing liposuction, how ever I do suggest you go through the pregnancy and delivery before having the procedure, the results would help you with all the weight gain caused by pregnancy. Six months after delivery.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Thighs

+2

Based merely on the photos provided, you're anterior thighs are not where you would benefit from liposuction. Instead, your inner thigh and knees, as well as your outer thigh could benefit from the procedure. It's best to see a body contouring expert certified by the ABPS and a member of the ASAPS, to allow him to show you what would serve you best.

As for timing before or after pregnancy, it is really irrelevant. Pregnancy will not ruin the results of your liposuction, as they are permanent: the reduction of fat cells and associated tissues causing changes to the contour of the body part.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Would it be a waste to have liposuction of my anterior thighs and knees before a pregnancy?

+2

If you were in my private practice with the pregnancy issue present, I would defer from doing any liposuction upon you...

Pregnancy and the timing of liposuction

+1
Hi,
I think you should wait to complete your family before undergoing surgery to alter body contours.
warm regards
prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Yes it would be a waste

+1

The skin will stretch with pregnancy and you don't want to have surgery and create swelling then wait for it to heal and ultimately become pregnant which result in more swelling.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1
My advice would be to wait till after you have your child if you are planning on having a child in the next year.  Based on the photo you provided it looks like you are in good shape I would save your money for right now.
Good Luck

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon