Is It Ok to Go Without Cg After Seroma Remove?

I have the full tummy tuck with no lipo. After first po visit which is on 4th days, and it's the first time i saw my belly. Doctor notice my left side is swollen and harden unlike right side is soft to be touch. Doctor remove 2 drain tuesday the following week beause it doesnt produce enough fluid. After remove the drain the hard side drip dark red blood and i come in thursday have surgical remove the seroma on that side but he didnt let me wear the cg at all. Is it right? Do i have to pay for it

Follow your surgeon is advice regarding management of seroma and compression garment

+1

Thank you for your question. In my experience compression garments will not present reduce the chance of seroma.

It is very important that you follow the instructions and advice of your plastic surgeon.

Follow your surgeon's advice post tummy tuck

+1

Although most plastic surgeons recommend wearing a compression garment for several weeks after a tummy tuck, it sounds like your surgeon made a decision to change the plan based on your specific situation. It is best not to go with advice obtained online if it conflicts.

Richard Baxter, MD

Compression Garment after Tummy tuck

+1

I normally have patients wear a compression garment for six week even with a seroma. You should check with your surgeon for follow up care after your seroma drainage.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Compression Garments after Tummy Tuck

+1

I normally recommend my tummy tuck patients wear a light compression garment until the majority of the swelling has resolved, about 6 weeks. For less swelling, less time is needed, and visa versa.

If you had enough swelling to cause a seroma, I would expect a compression garment to help; however, there are exceptions to every good rule, and you should check with you plastic surgeon. They have access to a lot more information about your particular situation than I do.

Good luck and a quick recovery.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Seroma Drainage and Compression Garment

+1

If the seroma was drained by aspiration and no drain was left in place, I would recommend to my patient to wear the compression garment.  However, you should ask your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA