Is my Belly Button Too Small or Closing Up? Will It One Day Be an Innie Like my Dr Said It Would with the Indentation? (photo)

once the swelling goes down? I discussed my concern of a small belly button with my doctor and he laughed and said that was a weird compliant that most people want a small belly button. He did say that over time we could see what happens and if need be it could be corrected. I don't see my doctor for two months can i do something between now and then to correct this.

Umbilical stenosis

+3

It does look like your umbilicus contracted down.  If this happens, it can often be corrected in 6 months or so.

Belly Button Too Small

+2

From your pictures it appears that your belly button did contract in after surgery.  A revision after 6-9 months (sometimes up to 1 yr) may be performed to help improve its appearance.  It sounds like this is your plastic surgeons plan. 

Brian Joseph, MD

Is my Belly Button Too Small or Closing Up

+2

Yes and yes.

It appears that the scar around your navel is contracting and causing the narrowing. Speak with your surgeon about options. Sometimes these can b managed without surgery (injections, stretching), other times a touch up procedure, usually an office type operation with local anesthetic will be needed some months down the line. 

All the best. 

Umbilicus Too Small after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Check with your plastic surgeon to see if he  would okay the use of a small marble placed in the umbilicus ( as a "dilator”).  If so, use the  marble covered by a piece of tape hopefully to gently  prevent continued scarring down.

Micro-umbilicus after tummy tuck

+2

You do have a very tiny umbilicus as you are healing.  I personally would not tell you that it will someday be an "innie" and you might need some revision after 6-9 months of healing.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Shrinking Belly Button

+1

Thank you for the photos. You have a tightening of your belly button due scar (stenosis). Sometime these can be stented (forced gently open) with gauze. Typically, the belly button can be surgically enlarged with a Z-plasty. 

DrES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Narrowing Belly Button after Tummy Tuck

+1

A marble may be able to keep the area from contracting further.  Ask your plastic surgeon as each one will have different ideas.  The area can be revised in a few months if necessary.  Steroids may be able to soften the developing scar as well, but the injections carry risks as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA