Is Fraxel Restore Effective for Rolling Acne Scars?

I am a fair skinned 25-year-old Caucasian man with minor rolling acne scars. I had my first treatment with Fraxel Restore one week ago today. My skin healed fully after about five days, but I haven't noticed any marked improvements yet. Given my age, skin pigmentation and specific type of scarring, how many sessions might I require before I can expect to see noticeable results?

Fraxel Restore for Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for your question. The Fraxel laser among other laser resurfacing modalities can be effective, but may require several sessions for best results. A combination of therapies including laser, surgery, and/or subcision may be most effective. You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

One week ago from fraxel for acne scar treatment

+1

This is too early to tell. But one thing I can say, that is in my opinion, you can get results from fraxel restore but for the most part the results are going to be on the lower percentage side. A multilayered approach is the best with co2 laser resurfacing using in conjunction with other approaches that is unique.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon