Is Fraxel Restore Effective for Rolling Acne Scars?

I am a fair skinned 25-year-old Caucasian man with minor rolling acne scars. I had my first treatment with Fraxel Restore one week ago today. My skin healed fully after about five days, but I haven't noticed any marked improvements yet. Given my age, skin pigmentation and specific type of scarring, how many sessions might I require before I can expect to see noticeable results?

Fraxel Restore for Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for your question. The Fraxel laser among other laser resurfacing modalities can be effective, but may require several sessions for best results. A combination of therapies including laser, surgery, and/or subcision may be most effective. You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

One week ago from fraxel for acne scar treatment

+1

This is too early to tell. But one thing I can say, that is in my opinion, you can get results from fraxel restore but for the most part the results are going to be on the lower percentage side. A multilayered approach is the best with co2 laser resurfacing using in conjunction with other approaches that is unique.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon