I've had 4 c-sections. Would you recommend a Liposuction or Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I've had 4 c-sections. After losing alot of weight with diet & exercise. I feel stuck here. I am wondering if i'd be a good candidate for lipo, or with so much loose skin, if i should get a tuck.

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

+2

I think that you would be happier with a tummy tuck due to the loose skin and the relative lack of fat amenable to liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck vs. liposuction

+1

I think you answered your own question. You state you have a lot of extra skin and I do not see a lot of fat. Liposuction is a fat removal procedure not a skin shrinking procedure ergo a tummy tuck is warranted.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assesment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tummy Tuck to improve contour

+1

I believe that you would greatly benefit from a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin that you have.  You will also need to have your abdominal muscles tightened, as these have been significantly stretched from your pregnancies.  The combination of these 2 procedures (performed together) will post likely give you a very flat stomach, a more defined waistline and a much improved contour.  In the picture it doesn't appear that you have any fat at all for liposuction to be of any use.

Regards Kim

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. lipo

+1

I think you need a tummy tuck because of all the loose skin and stretch marks I see in your photo. Most women need a tummy tuck rather than liposuction after childbirth because they need skin and fat removed rather than fat alone. The "six-pack" muscles are tightened up in a tummy tuck which really tends to flatten the stomach. All in all, I would pursue a tummy tuck and make sure the surgeon is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Good luck!

Gregory Baum, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for the photograph.  The fact that you have had children that stretches your abdominal wall and produces loose skin the best correction will be afforded by a tummy tuck.  This procedure tightens the tummy wall and removes the excess skin.  Liposuction would only remove the fat leaving you with a lax abdominal wall and thinner loose skin.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1

I think that you are a better candidate for a tummy tuck based upon your history and your lateral photo showing loose hanging skin.

Tummy Tuck after Four C-Sections

+1

I believe you have answered your own question. With your loose skin after 4 c-sections only a tummy tuck is going to offer real improvement. With just a side view picture, however, it is not possible to say exactly what type of tummy tuck you need.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy Tuck is the way to go!

+1

Your skin is too lax and you will sag even more after liposuction. My recommendation is to proceed with a tummy tuck.

Randy B. Miller, MD

Go with the tummy tuck, you won't be disappointed

+1

Based on your description and photo, you will not be happy with the results of liposuction. You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. You will obtain much better results with a tummy tuck vs. liposuction. And, you'll be so much happier without the loose skin. 

Gregory Park, MD

You will get better results with tummy tuck

+1

Your pictures show excess skin with loss of elasticity. You will look worse with liposuction.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon