Flying from US to Australia About Seven Weeks After TT & BL/BA?

I'm going on a vacation for two weeks. I'm wondering how normal I'll feel 7 weeks post-op from a mommy makeover? Will I be wearing compression garments still? Will I be able to swim? Thanks!

Flying 7 weeks postop

+2

I concur with my colleagues.  You should be fine to travel.   I concur with the recommendations for TED hose and possibly Aspirin for the long flight. Ambulate frequently during the long flight.  Please talk to your PS to get his/her specific recommendations.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

houston, TX

Flying from US to Australia About Seven Weeks After MM--Minimize clotting risks

+2

You should be recovered enough to enjoy your trip at that time, and to swim. Your surgeon can advise you as to how long you should wear your garment. Some like 6 weeks, some three months, and others like other time periods among the infinite choices. 

At seven weeks you may still have some increased risk of blood clots, and because of the length of the flight, consider supportive stockings and aspirin to decrease the risk. Try to get up and walk in the flight hourly, keep hydrated with water (not coffee or alcohol).

Enjoy! Best wishes.

+2

We usually get the TT drain out on the 7th day for most patients and they are out of their compression garments 1-2 weeks later. The skin of the breasts and tummy has to be well healed with no openings in order to swim safely and you should be to that stage long before your trip. Have a great time, I'm jealous.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello

+2

You will be wearing your compression garments, usually at 6 weeks you are able to go back to normal life. If your incision is completely healed you should be able to go swimming without a problem.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover after 7 Weeks and Flight

+1

Even people who have not had surgery have had blood clots develop on long flights.  Please ambulate during the flight every hour or two.  Swimming may be OK if the wounds are completely closed.

Flying after MM

+1

Hello. Thanks for sharing. After 7 weeks - barring any unexpected issues - you will likely feel fine to travel. Don't forget the flight to Australia is long and you should get up and walk the aisle several times. Best wishes - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD