2 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, the incision placement does not match up well. Can the unevenness in scaring be fixed? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post surgery and it seems like the place of incision is not matched up well. Looks like it's healed shifting to my left. What can be done to fix it?

Open rhinoplasty scar

+2
The open rhinoplasty scar ( incision ) was not sewn together correctly. This is imperative if a surgeon is doing an open approach rhinoplasty. Unfortunately the only solution now is to surgically revise the closure .....in a much better fashion. With time the problem may be slightly less noticeable but in my experience even six months from now there will be a visible uneveness so I would correct it sooner than later. This is done easily with simple local anesthesia in the office. It is imperative to use small 6-0 nylon sutures and to make sure the edges are PERFECTLY aligned

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven incision following open rhinoplasty

+2
It does appear that there is some notching at the lateral incision sites from your open rhinoplasty.  It is early in the post operative period and in my experience, though the incision may not look very good right now,  with time for some swelling to resolve, the incision may not look like it does at 2 weeks post op.  Be patient, and if necessary, revisions of these incisions can be performed.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty

+2
A lot of the issues you notice now will improve dramatically over time.  Rarely do these need scar revision but should be delayed for a least 6 months.  Swelling in the soft tissues magnify the unevenness.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Scar after open rhinoplasty

+1
The scar after open rhinoplasty is normally not noticeable after an appropriate amount of time. All scars continue to improve with time and 2 weeks is very early after rhinoplasty. Swelling also will contribute to the appearance of a scar. If you haven't already, then speak with your plastic surgeon regarding your concern.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, the incision placement does not match up well. Can the unevenness in scaring be fixed?

+1
That is called - no attention to details... Best to ask your surgeon your options.. I would revision under local anesthesia after 3 months healing... 

Columella incision and swelling

+1
You have swelling of the incision and it will come down over the next several weeks. Be patient. At this point there is nothing to do but wait. If concerned, you can always talk to your surgeon.

2 weeks postop rhinoplasty columellar incision

+1
The swelling in the nose distorts the actual incision appearance. You have to wait for at least six weeks before you decide how much of it is swelling vs improper alignment of scar. Any malalignment can be fixed down the road. 
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1
Two weeks postop is very, very early. This question and the reassurance required is probably best in the hands of your Surgeon.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, the incision placement does not match up well. Can the unevenness in scarring be fixed?

+1
   2 weeks is a bit too early to know how this will look when swelling has resolved.