Smart Lipo Triplex Inner Thighs? (Photos now attached)

Hi, I had my pre op today and my ps said she was only going to remove 200 cc's from both inner thighs and she said my inner thighs would STILL be touching???? The purpose of me having this procedure done is to not still have my inner thighs touch & for me to have gap. So my question is will there be a significant difference at all??

Inner thigh liposuction and and gap between legs

+2

Although from your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for inner thigh liposuction,  no type of liposuction (smart lipo, vaser lipo, etc) can guarantee that you will have a resulting gap between your legs.  Whether legs touch or not is often determined by anatomy, such as the width of the pelvic and thigh bones, and not solely the inner thigh fat.  That said, i still believe you will see and feel an improvement by having your liposuction.  best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh Smartlipo Triplex may not produce gap

+2

Your thighs are fairly full.  Removing 200cc from each will thin them some but probably won't produce much gap.  I do think you can benefit from the procedure but I would be concerned I couldn't meet your expectations if the whole purpose is for your thighs not to touch.  It also depends on how far apart your feet are when you are measuring.  Ask to see some photos of legs like yours.

You can click on the link below to navigate to my website.  Under liposuction before and afters, I think case #31 looks most like your legs.  You could ask your surgeon if she thinks that is a realistic result for you.

Web reference: http://www.dkhoffmanmd.com/

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Inner Thigh Liposuction Rarely Creates A Visible Gap

+2

If your main purpose to have liposuction on your inner thighs is to not have them touch each other, then you should probably not have the procedure. That rarely occurs in any liposuction patient. The volume estimate of 200ccs from your inner thighs is significant in your case, and will produce a visible improvement, but is unlikely to create a gap between your inner thighs when your legs are together.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lipo.html

Smart lipo

+2
this question comes up constantly. It has more to do with your basic anatomy than how much the doctor is removing. There are some patients where is no matter how much you remove the upper inner area will still touch. Strongly suggest you go back and review this 1 more time with your doctor. after looking at the pictures you sound like you're in the right ballpark with the 200 cc's.I know it's hard to believe but we still can't give you a 100 percent answer but it should be pretty close. It certainly going to be an improvement and is probably worth going ahead with.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh treatment with SmartLipo

+2

It is difficult to answer this question without pictures and truly without an in person exam.  Removing 200 cc's can be quite different from person to person.  If you are concerned about what your plastic surgeon told you, make sure you are clear before going through with the procedure.  Good luck!

Smart Lipo and Inner Thighs

+2

It's impossible to really comment without photos.  Your anatomy may be such that merely reducing fat contour of the inner thighs won't entirely prevent your thighs from touching.  Regarding the volume, with SmartLipo, much of the fat is liquified by the laser and drains from the access holes during the procedure.  When liposuction is done after the laser is applied, not as much aspirate (fat and fluid) is collected as with conventional liposuction.  This doesn't mean that it hasn't been "removed".  So the number of cc's removed is somewhat meaningless with SmartLipo.

Web reference: http://www.pacificplasticsurgery.com/pages/smartlipo-triplex

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo to contour your thighs

+1
Smartlipo of the inner thigh will remove any unwanted fat deposits while also tightening the skin. You will start to see a contour in your body almost immediately. Give yourself time to heal before thinking this procedure won’t make a difference. Good luck!

Smart Lipo to Inner Thighs

+1

Every plastic surgeon is going to be different with the amount he or she feels comfortable removing from the medial thighs.   Although 200 cc is a safe amount in your case, your surgeon may be able to get more and may liposuction more.  This will be better assessed during the surgery as the volume is removed and the surgeon can see the resulting changes in contour and skin character.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

SmartLipo Triplex for Inner Thighs

+1

You seem to be a good candidate for SmartLipo of the inner thighs.  Whether your inner thighs are still touching afterwards depends both on the fat removed, as well as on the skin elasticity.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

200cc is normal

+1

I will routinely suction 200cc - 300cc total volume from each inner thigh when performing SmartLipo on patients.  I agree that you really need to communicate your expectations clearly with your provider and make sure you understand the risks/benefits/limitations of the procedure.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon