Sliding Genioplasty Plate Removal?

I had a sliding genioplasty roughly a decade ago with Lefort surgery on the upper jaw. Anyways I would like to have the genioplasty step plate removed because of pretty constant tightness and sensitivities. The plate has three screws on top and two on the bottom and is centered on the chin. How intense is the surgery to remove the step plate? Also, is it safe to remove? Meaning, will my chin somehow be weakened by removing? Thanks

Removal of Genioplasty Plate

+2

It is certainly safe to remove your genioplasty plate and removing it, in no way, will weaken your chin. It has long ago healed with solid bone back together. Whether its removal will relive your chin tightness/discomfort is another matter.