Po Suction and Gaining Fat in Other Places?

I'm very well educated when it comes to health & fitness & d only way of gaining weight is more calories in than out. I know that lipo does not make you gain weight BUT I'm little concerned about what I've read since I'm 2 days shy of having lipo on my inner thighs.I would die IF having lipo would make me increase fat in other places to compensate for the fat cells that's been suctioned out.

Liposuction and fat distribution

+2

If you have liposuction and your weight does not fluctuate significantly then, it is unlikely fat would accumulate elsewhere.

Weight gain

+2

If the fat cells are destroyed in one ares and you are not careful with your eating habits you will store fat somewhere else. I have found that one of the keys to long term success is good eating habits and regular exercise.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Weight gain after lipo

+2
we hear this all the time and your first inclination is correct.as long as you maintain your normal weight there is no reason to believe you will put on weight in new locations.this is especially true if the only area that you are having done is what you said as it is not a high volume zone.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo permanently removes fat

+1

Smartlipo will remove fat deposits from unwanted areas while helping to tighten the skin. Smartlipo permanently removes the fat cells, should you gain weight, fat will be deposited in the same way had you not had the liposuction procedure. Please consult with your surgeon to make sure you are a good candidate for your procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liposuction and Gaining Fat in Other Places

+1

Liposuction of one area will only allow for fat gain in another area if body fat stores are increased.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA