My nose is crooked and has a large bump. Will a nose job improve my overall aesthetic look? (Photo)

Hi, I have always hated my nose. It's crooked and has a large bump. I feel like it really detracts from my looks. I guess my concern is looking "done" and completely artificial. Is there a way to keep it looking somewhat natural? I do prefer stronger noses (Gillian Anderson comes to mind) if that makes a difference. Thanks for any advice!

Great candidate with good room for improvement

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty dealing with the good room for improvement. Complementing your facial features and providing you with a natural look will be at the core of the projected surgery.

However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Good candidate for rhinoplasty but grafting might be necessary.

For improved tip strength grafting may be necessary. Video imaging would be a good way to determine what you're aesthetic goals are. Choose a surgeon who has a rich experience In aesthetic rhinoplasty.

Yes

Obviously yes Just be clear with your surgeons which your goals are and make sure you have a good understandig of the results the surgery would yield. Having reasonable expectations is key

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Yes, I agree, there are several things that can be improved with your nose. Best to see an experienced surgeon. Good luck.

Will Rhinoplasty Surgery Improve My Nose?

Your nose can be straightened, the hump removed, and tip definition improved with a natural result if you select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Choose carefully: you can achieve a good result but yours is a difficult nose to do.

Rhinoplasty candidate for large bump removal and crooked nose repair

It is important to give a natural appearing nose after the rhinoplasty procedure, so that it does not appear surgical. To straighten a crooked nose, osteotomies of the nasal bones are required. To straighten the mid third of the nose, a cartilaginous spreader graft harvested from inside the patient's nose is placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage. For many examples, please see the Link below

Rhinoplasty to straighten the crooked nose and remove the hump, etc.

Rhinoplasty to straighten the crooked nose and remove the hump, etc. can be done with slight lengthening of your nose to give a natural nose, See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Need a septorhinoplasty

Your nose is slightly crooked which is due to a septal deviation. The biggest problem that I see on your profile view is an underprojection of your nasal tip.  These can be corrected with a septorhinoplasty.  A cartilage graft will be needed to improve the tip projection.  Computer imaging will help with determining what you desire.  

My nose is crooked and has a large bump. Will a nose job improve my overall aesthetic look?

The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking rhinoplasty

I think rhinoplasty can look very natural. Making subtle changes overall can make a nice difference. Even when the hump is removed, most acquaintances will not notice; frequently the question is did you change your hairstyle.  Discussion with your surgeon will allow you to discuss your likes and dislikes about your nose through computer imaging. They will also examine your nose inside and out and determine the best plan to address your concerns.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon